Opens March 1, 2021
Opens March 1, 2021
These are time-limited and goal-oriented active progressive exercise programs that is unidisciplinary, meaning it is administered by a physiotherapist to the client on a one to one basis. The purpose is to facilitate an early return to work and/or activities of daily living. Each program is individualized to the patient and is prescribed by a physiotherapist. Patient educations is provided throughout the program. The program length is generally 4 to 6 weeks starting at three times a week and may progress to daily for 1 to 2 hours.
THE THREE PHASES OF OUR ACTIVE REHABILITATION PROGRAM
Phase 1: GPP (general physical preparation)
· Controlled Articular Rotations
· Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabalization
· Activation/Dynamic Exercise
· Strength Level 1 (Prep Phase-see below)
· Passive Stretch/Aerobic Recovery
Phase 2: is made up of the same components as phase 1 with the exception the strength lift level 1 is replaced with strength lift level 2. Basically we are loading the fundamental positions they learned from phase 1.
Phase 3 - SPP (specific preparatory phase for work): The focus in this phase is the transfer of exercise into work specific training. We will focus on strength endurance. We will use lower intensities thereby increasing frequency thus the focus is on tolerance/endurance. Education and knowledge of the RTW process is important.
Strength level 1 consist of 10 movement patterns and level 2 are example exercises.
1. Hip Hinge (ex. deadlift)
2. Squat (ex. goblet squat
3. Lunge (ex. forward/lateral lunge)
4. Horizontal Push (ex. bench press)
5. Vertical Push (ex. overhead work)
6. Horizontal pull (ex. rows)
7. Vertical Pull (ex. chin up)
8. Loaded Carries (ex. carries/sled)
9. Anti Rotation (ex. bird dogs/pallof)
10. Isometric (ex. Front/side planks)
Discharge is initiated when a patient has completed all three phases successfully, and is back to return to work either fully or with modified duties.
Initial report - $400. There is no charge for progress and discharge testing.
Program costs - $200/day